Tomato roots went through the wick

Hi,

Looking at my plants closer today and reorganising them (to allow the smaller ones a bit more light) I could see that the tomato grew the roots through the wick.
I understand that at the end i should rinse everything and get ready for the next round… but what’s with those wicks? should i replace that one wick or is it ok to leave the root inside?
Still a lot of time till then, but would be good to know already.

CU AssetBurned :wink:

1 Like

Hi,

that is so adorable that you reorganize your plants, just to make sure they all get the light they need. You’re a plant parent!

I’ve also seen that some of the roots find their way through the wick. Usually, once to the pod is done, I just remove the visible part of the roots from the wick- both ends. And that is usually good enough. Until the new dry pod becomes totally moist in less than an hour the wick is good and transports enough water for the plants to thrive.

1 Like

Cool thank you once this round is done I will see how the next pot looks like in those cups.

Hi, I had the same experience and found that cleaning the plastic pod and wick area well seemed to do the trick for the next round. Good luck.

1 Like