Wilting Moss rose

Hi all!

The flowers on my moss rose plant starts withering about 1 to 2 days after it blooms, see attached photo.

I’ve also noticed small flies around the plant after the plant started flowering.

Why is this happening? What should I do?

Thanks! :blush:

Hey!

This is perfectly normal. A flower blooms, it gets pollinated, then it wilts and starts growing a fruit.

• If you want more flowers - pinch off the wilted ones. It will give the plant strength to grow more.
  • If you want seeds - leave the wilted flowers as it is. But making seeds will exhaust the plant and it will eventually die.
1 Like

Thanks priit :blush:

1 Like

@lyngurl did you get only yellow flowers or were there other colors too?

Only yellow flowers for this one.

I tried growing a new pod from this batch and the seeds didn’t germinate even after 4 weeks :weary:

Yes. In 4 weeks all seeds should germinate.

I wonder if there has been some problems with some pods and seeds. We will check with our production.

On the better side - we are in the finishing stages to find a better way to attach seeds to the substrate. So hopefully our future plugs will work more reliably after long transport.

Do the seeds really need to be attached to the pods? Wouldn’t it be simpler to just send the seeds separately in small paper bags?

It might be simpler for a gardener. But not for the Average Joe.
I hope we can solve these kind of problems and then it would just be easier this way.

Hei!

whenever you have a problem with plant pods not germinating, please, report it to the support with pictures and your pods will be replaced for free. You can do it here: https://support.clickandgrow.com/hc/en-us/requests/new