I need a bit of help identifying what’s going on with some of my plants. The main symptoms are my dill is yellowing and as you can see the cilantro is withering and the leaves look burned. A few things to note.
- Both the yellowing of the dill and withering of the cilantro started around the same time(about three weeks ago).
- Upon investigation I did notice the unit was very low on water so I filled immediately.
- The cilantro is a “bring you own seed” creation. Everywhere was out cilantro or wanted an insane price for the pod. Essentially, I picked the seeds from another dill pod out with tweezers and replaced with my own cilantro seeds.
- I see small flies or gnats on the plants (up to three at a time). I can only attach one photo at a time, so I’ll attempt to post a picture of the fly/gnat in a subsequent post. In the interest of providing all the data, I only see these insects when the light is on, and have see them in other areas of the house. I think they may just be attracked to the light, as I cant seem find where they are comming from if their origin is the click & grow.
- New growth will begin on the cilantro and wither shortly after it sprouts. While the dill just appears to be growing slower than in the past.
I really hate to trash all the plants as my cucumbers from my outside garden are nearly here and we will be needing a lot of dill.
Thanks and I appreciate any advice.