Click and Grow app

Hi there.

Love the Smart Garden but agree the app needs work.

Any update on the next release?

1 Like

The product is very nice, but the app really needs to be improved. It also has very poor reviews on the store :frowning:

I have really been enjoying the app, I fed felt it deserved more than 3 stars so I left a review as I believe it has improved drastically:)

2 Likes

Interested to know what everyone is looking for in the app? What improvements can be made?

I feel that the app doesnā€™t do much at all, and itā€™s there just to justify the ā€˜smartā€™ in the ā€˜smart gardenā€™, but sadly it doesnā€™t communicate in any way or form to the garden or have any ā€˜smartā€™ features. A few ideas that would not require hardware changes on the smart garden:

-Take a picture of the floater and it tells you approximately how much water thereā€™s in the tank, and with a few measures in different days can extrapolate a forecast of when the tank will need to be refilled.

-take a picture of the garden and the app compares the growth with when the pod was planted, and it tells you if your plants are growing slower or faster than expected. Might be good to identify plants better suited for temperature/humidity of the room.

The following idea requires some sensors that click and grow could sell separately or include in future versions of the garden:

-the app communicate with the sensors and logs temperature, humidity and ambient light. The user should he able to compare a graph of the plant growth (estimated with the feature suggested above) with these measurements. The app also warns the user if one of the plants planted itā€™s not suitable with environmental conditions, and the plant catalogue can be filtered with only plants suitable.

These are just some random ideas I had just now, but I am sure there are many other possibilities, possibly much better than what I suggested.

1 Like

Ohhh I see, love all of these ideas!!!

Hello! Iā€™m a new clickandgrower, since today!
Some ideas I have about improving the app:

1. it would be nice for it to show the exact placement of each pod in the garden (not as a list or 3x3 table like now), in a zigzag form, so you could never confuse the plants.
  2. there is an option to add a note, but it would be nice to be able to add a photo.
3 Likes

I love both these ideas. It would also be nice to add a note to multiple plants simultaneously.

2 Likes

Is there any update on the next release

1 Like

I also would like to add, it would be nice to able to switch pods/plants around the app, I would like to move my lettuce to another click and grow but the app doesnā€™t make that possible. Also you canā€™t change the age of the plants if needed. Would like to be able to delete from the archive section

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback @jbrand1119 it will be forwarded to the team.

At the moment, you can only change the age or date once the plant pod is selected by you to the garden, use ā€œeditā€ to specify the date, before pushing ā€œdoneā€.

Awesome! Thanks so much! That was a big help

1 Like

New grower here. I tried adding my pods to the my garden feature on the click and grow app but it does not register. Been trying several times now, the plant pods are still not saved in the app.

2 Likes

Hi @ywpeng,

Sorry to hear that!
Did you push ā€œnextā€ and ā€œdoneā€ after selecting the plant pods?

I have the same problem. No matter what i try, I am unable to add plants to a garden.

I add a plant, on the ā€œReview plant infoā€ page i press Done, and the garden is still empty.

(I am using the Android app.)

Tried it again today, and now it works :thinking:

When we were setting up a smart garden 9, we selected all the plants. 2 plants,however, did not show up in the gardenā€¦but when I look at the contents of the garden is has 2 spaces with blank images. It will not let me add the remaining 2 plants, nor can I delete the garden when I remove the rest as it says the garden has plants in it. Help.

Trying again and creating a new garden adding each plant separately, all added ok except Red Frill Mustard. It says there is no information on the plant and refuses to put an image with itā€¦but says it added a plant that you canā€™t remove.

1 Like

Ignore the right lower corner ā€” there is coriander now. But where it shows 150x150, Iā€™ve put the red frill mustard. After saving, it just disappeared. Now the app shows my garden as complete, but only with 8 plants. I cannot delete the red frill mustard and add it again, as it does not show! The only way to delete it when I decide to harvest it and put another plant would be to delete the whole garden!!!

1 Like