My 4 gardens on IKEA trolley

Check out the way cheap drawer handles were put in to keep the top C&G gardens from sliding off the inverted tray of a IKEA trolley.

5 Likes

Really cool DIY !

This is brilliant!

hey can you tell us which IKEA product is this trolley. Excellent idea :bangbang:

The trolley is named “RÅSKOG” and it looks like the kind of trolley you would find in a hair salon. To allow ample space for the plants in the lower level, I mounted the top basket upside down. The trolley has the added advantage that the lowest basket can accommodate all your accessories and electrics. It also allows for easy access from all sides.

3 Likes

Such a cool idea!

Hi Kurt,

Very cool setup!
Do you mind taking more pictures of the setup? maybe showing the whole trolley to see a better overall view of how it looks?

Thank you very much

Thank you for appreciating my setup. I recently added a lid to the lowest basket and I like how this plank hides the cables.
image image image image image

It looks like “portrait” pics are turned sideways. I don’t know how that can be changed, so I leave it as it is.
The top basket is upside down. The top 2 gardens are secured by 4 cheap drawer handles. You don’t need to mount the basket upside down. I just like the way the top garden can be seen more. If they have a nice color, that would be something to keep in mind. Mine are white, so the whole setup is rather bland.
Let us know if you choose to create your own IKEA garden. And good luck.
Kurt

2 Likes

Your setup looks nice!
If you would like to hide cables even more, there is a special slot for this.

1 Like

I know. I tend to forget to put the cord away. Thank you for the top tip.

1 Like