Parsley not growing

Hi,

Just wondering if it is normal for Parsley to be constant at the same height for the past few weeks? And only one seed is at this height. The rest are not growing at all. Another seed is at 1cm height for the longest time too. image

1 Like

Hey! In my opinion your parsley looks fine. It is a bit slow at start, but now as it has leaves it can photosynthesize much faster. The color of your plant looks really good!

1 Like

Hi, but it has been almost two months at the same height. And same for the small 1 cm plant at the bottom.

1 Like

Yes, two months is a bit much. How is the temperature in your home? Maybe this is too much for parsley?

1 Like

Hi, it seems to me that the germination rate is also too low- one plant per pod is definitely not enough. Please contact support about this problem and they will probably send you a replacement.
About the plant growth. It is not normal for a 2 months old pod. What is the temperature range there?

1 Like

Heyo! Definitely drop us a message here:
https://support.clickandgrow.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
and we’ll help out with a replacement.

1 Like

My parsley have developed brown spots and the leaves are drying out. Pods were planted on August 2. Any ideas what might be the issue here?

Plant1

Plant2

it looks like very early thrip damage. Do these white patches also has tiny black spots in it? If it’s a very early damage you can’t really see the actual pest yet.

1 Like

Oh! yes!! there are tiny black spots behind the leaves, I looks like a fungal infection. I cut out the dried out leaves and washed the plants in running water for a minute. Are there any other natural methods to get rid of the thrips?

If just one pod is infected, I would toss the pod and wash the cup. It’s a small sacrifice to save the rest of the gardens from pests. They also like to hide in soil and will come out soon again, even after washing it. Unfortunately, it takes just one bug to start a colony again.

Some users wash their plants and gardens with soap or neem oil solution, but I personally don’t like it on my edibles. More advance users use biological control e.g. swirski mites, this is also suitable for indoor conditions. Swirski mites attack thrips and keep them low numbered, and are harmless to humans, cat and dogs.

2 Likes

I do have neem oil that I use on plants in the balcony; will remove and isolate the affected parsley pods, and try neem oil wash and observe.

1 Like