Any way to Prevent Bugs/Afids?

Hi - Is there any preventative measures I can take to avoid having afids? I’ve seen so many users comment that afids took over their gardens & I really do not want to introduce afids to my home & my many other plants that do not have them. Are the bugs in the pod & then come to life?

Hi, i believe that the ‘Smart Pods’ by C&G are sterile so the chances of it containing the pest is at it minimal. But there are a lot of ways that you can bring pests onto your C&G (Such as yourself or your pet going out of the house and brought some back accidentally), it’s just a matter of when and how. If you are not observant enough, damage will be done and its almost too late to save them so preventive measures are always the best.

My pots at home are constantly attacked by thrips, white flies & spider mites. So thats why i always spend at least an hour to check out my plants. If i see any weird things happening, i will immediately react to them. Do watch videos on Youtube, i learned a lot there. And of course, experience it yourself.

For the preventive measures. I use various methods.

1. Sulfur Spray
  2. Neem Oil Spray

You should prep yourself for Corrective Measures as well. Sometimes things gets to you when you are not at your most prepared.

3 Likes