Growing jalapeños in the pods that allow you to grow what you want but plants start to turn yellow and die before jalapeños are produced

Hello!

I’ve been trying to explore and grow things in the pod that allow someone to add seeds and grow whatever they want. I’ve been growing jalapeño plants. The jalapeño plants keep turning yellow and then starting to die before the first jalapeño sprouts. I wonder if the pods are too small, have not enough nutrition for the jalapeño plant? I’ve tried to grow it a few times and same things keeps happening. I tried to add magnesium once and it did not help and nitrogen source another.

Is there a nutrition source I should add or maybe do I need to transplant the plant before it starts flowering?

Thank you!

I don’t know for sure, but there might be too much water for hot peppers, which like drier conditions. I have had good success starting hot peppers in the blank pods,l but transplanting them to pots early, and later into my garden.

Thank you so much! I didn’t think of this. I live in Phoenix, AZ so maybe I should just plant them outside in the dry dirt we have!