Light shade for C&G 9

Hello,
I am wondering what people have done to shade the light at night for their Click and Grows. We have two young children and keep our bedroom door open and the light bleed from C&G is a bit much. The house isn’t very large and most space is filled already so there isn’t an easy “just move it” solution. There could be room in the basement, but I am wanting to keep it upstairs.

Anyways, has anyone come up with an idea to shade the light at night? Ours is timed to not run too late into the night but we go to bed early and am up early, so there isn’t a good time adjustment solution. I know covering lights isn’t the best idea, but this is a small LED with very low heat and I would leave breathing room. Best I can think of is some sort of darker cheese cloth or lace type material. Maybe a breathable synthetic?

Thanks!

1 Like

First thing that comes to mind is a simple cardboard box. You can cut it open to the direction you don’t mind the light going. If looks matter you can paint, draw and glue it to look like anything you want (good project for kids of the right age).

1 Like

Great, easy idea! Thank you.

We put a blanket over a music stand and place it right in front of the C&G to block out the light when we are watching TV. But that wouldn’t completely block it for sleeping. We also have a smart plug to set the on and off times ourselves. Our light goes off at 7:30 in the winter.

1 Like

I use Mylar and take advantage of its benefits but you need to add a fan if you are stopping airflow. The fan is a simple computer fan and C&G conveniently added the slots!

2 Likes

What a set up!!! I have been thinking of adding a fan anyways to strengthen my plants.
Thanks for the inspo.

maybe using this greenhouse hack Greenhouse for the C&G 9 and painting one side or putting some foil on it that is also used to make car windows mirrored?