Mini-tomatoes : update + 2 questions

I’m really happy with my mini-tomato garden. Much fruit in a variety of sizes and growing daily. I have two questions. What size do ripe tomatoes achieve? My largest is about 1.5 cm. Some are whitening a bit but no sign of color and that’s fine. But I don’t know what to expect for size; I’d kind of like to. Second question. At last count, as best I could, there were 35 tomatoes with more seemingly appearing daily. Should I augment the original pod’s nutrients since there are so many “mouths” to feed?

The photos were taken a couple of days ago (2 March).1036 1041 1042

1 Like

Hi @HappyME

Your tomatoes will ripen in about the size they are now. Btw, very nice staking!

As the fruits are maturing the plants will slowly degrade. This means that some leaves will die back and you should remove those.
I would not recommend adding even more nutrients, as at that stage of fruit formation the plant would not benefit from it and excess nutrients will end up on your plate.

Hi @Mirjam

Excellent advice. As usual here abouts. I’m pleased (very!) with the plants but didn’t realize they’d be quite as small as this. No problem; it’s the process and the plants that have held my interest. They’ve become good friends. :sunglasses:

Thanks again. Be safe and take good care of those you love.

1 Like

Did your tomato ripen?

1 Like

I don’t know if this was to me. Might have been so I’ll stick in a response. They sure did. I counted 38 ripening a couple of weeks ago. Here’s the crop today. The plants are getting scraggly and I’ve already “harvested” a few but I’m so much more than pleased. They’ve been a delight to work with.

-HappyME (very!)

1 Like

I’ll reply again (should have done this one first) to welcome you to this really nifty community. People are nice here. And helpful. I’ve had really good advice to some sometimes pretty stupid questions.

So. Welcome, @linda1945. We’re glad you’re here! :sunglasses:

-HappyME.

1 Like