Mini tomatoes very slow growing and still green

I started the many tomatoes in my smart Garden 9 about 3 months ago. I just replanted them into a pot last week.

1 Like

These tomatoes take forever to turn red and ever another month then to be ready to pick. On a regular size tomato it usually takes 20-30 days from blossom to green fruit and another 20-30 days to go from green to red. Ambient temperatures above 85 degrees Fahrenheit or soil temperatures above 80 degrees are the primary reasons tomato plants put the brakes on ripening. Occasionally, a plant is so heavily laden with green fruits that it simply lacks the energy to support them all to ripening. Some gardeners remove the smallest tomatoes on an over-burdened plant; increasing mulch and water for plants suffering from hot roots can also speed ripening. You did a great job in removing the suckers.

1 Like

Thanks Pat! It’s so funny though that after I submitted this post/question the tomatoes started turning red, lol!!

But as far as you’re advice for the replanting, I replanted them into a pot indoors I live in apartment and don’t have it backyard. But it seems despite that they are now finally doing very well.
20190702_193059|577x500](upload://9GEpKSxOUzDaoQNMtJNG4AE2KXc.jpeg)

1 Like

Hi! I am new to C&G. My tomato plant is loaded with flowers and baby tomatoes. It is very short and squat. Will the tomatoes ripen and how can l assist in

that. Thanks!!!

1 Like

Hi, welcome! :tomato:

Indeed, Click and Grow mini tomato is a real dwarf. While the first fruits are forming it will continue growing and flowering, but will remain small in a general meaning.

If you thinned the pods and have just one plant growing per pod, it will do just fine. Just continue pollinating new flowers and let nature take care of the rest.

Thanks for the encouragement . It’s been 3 months, but none of the tomatoes are looking anywhere close to becoming ripe. Is there a trick to helping that along? Thanks!!!

1 Like

Yes @MMM66 , around that time the fruits should be in full size and start to turn more pale green, before they turn red, depending on the growing conditions you have there. There is no special trick, if possible, keep it warm and remove some of the leaves if they are blocking the light from the fruits. Now on, it just takes patience.

I have the yellow mini tomatoes and I’m just getting my first tiny tomatoes. What size do they grow to? No point in waiting for them to turn red to show ripening and readiness, obviously, but will they be cherry tomato size or not get that big?

1 Like

Hi @Colette

Yellow mini tomatoes ripe in about the size of a small cherry tomato. If there are more tomatoes on the plant than usual, the fruits may end up quite tiny.

Do you have any pics to share of your mature plants?

Only just seen your reply to this. I think I expected a notification.
How many is “more than usual”?