Put plant food in water tank?

I just got a 3 pod Click N Grow from my aunt. I have two areogardens. so when I set up the system I added liquid plant food like the Areogarden.

Is it ok to leave it or should I dump the water out and refill it?

1 Like

Hi, welcome to the community @skasenter !

The Click and Grow concept is different from Aerogarden, all the nutrients that the plant needs to go through the whole growing cycle are already added in the plant pod, so you would not have to go through that trouble. I would not recommend adding more nutrients to the tank, this may lead the over-fertilization and burn the plants. Also, as we have created different nutrient schemes for all plants specifically, we donā€™t believe it would be a good idea to use one nutrient solution for all plants, as plants do have different needs of nutrients.
Also, as you are starting to grow now, also download the official click and grow app. As you register your garden and add plants to it, it will provide you timed tips on how to take care of the plants and when.

Happy growing!

1 Like

Do the plants need added nutrients at some point?

1 Like

I think the soil has enough nutrients to last the ā€œup toā€ date especified in every pod

1 Like

For example, apparently Basil lasts six months, should I add some liquid fertilizer by then? If so, what brand would you recommend?

1 Like

Hi @MichaelGHNguyen

In a Click and Grow device Basil is meant to last upto 3 months, you can find ā€˜harvest inā€™ suggested info on the product page under ā€˜plant careā€™ or on the official Click and Grow App.

Of course, it depends on the usage intensity and harvest method used.

In general, it is not recommended to add more nutrients to the water tank or to the soil, as all nutrients needed are already added while the plant pod is produced. However, if you look into getting out more of your Basil- consider getting the pro cups that allow the roots to grow more freely and promote plant health.

2 Likes

Hi Mirjam, hi volks.

I have 2 questions regarding this topic.

If i have some ā€œlong lastingā€ chilis with the pro cups over 4 months in use - a lot of roots are already in the tank. Do I have to think of adding nutrients at this stage under this circumstance? I do not think that the nutrients from the smart soil pot will be enough nor reach all the roots after 5-6 months, right? Thanks a lot for your help.
Best
Samir

I have never added things to the water. And my chillies are fine. I started some seedlings last year in Autumn and once they started touching the lights (SG9) i put them into another hydroponic tray and kept them in my window. They got some flowers over the winter but I did not tried to pollinate them. Then in summer i put them into a big flower pot outside.
Given that I had salads where I kept reusing the same pods for multiple plants, I am pretty sure that there is a good bit of nutritions in there. But when it comes to chillies at some point they are just too big and you may want to start growing something else in the smart garden. (think of another type of chillies maybe :wink: )

Iā€™ve done this and it helps keep them going. My favorite has been fox farms tiger bloom!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!
Best
Samir