Safety of mineral salts in grow pods

Does anyone have info about the nature of the mineral salts in the grow pods? I tried asking via customer service but I was not given a clear answer, they said that the material is patented. I realize this, but other competing brands of hydroponics give info on their nutrients, such as Aerogarden’s Safety Data Sheet: “The chemical identity of the compounds and exact proportions used in the mixture are a trade secret; however, they are derived from: ammonium nitrate, potassium nitrate, potassium phosphate, calcium nitrate and magnesium.” More info is then given about the potential risks of each of these substances.

Is there a Safety Data Sheet for Click and Grow grow pods? I know these are regulated by EU rather than the American FDA, but surely there must be some data sheet to regulate it?

Hello @RayMoose ,

Click & Grow products are safe to use for growing any plants. We can not share information about mineral fertiliser contents. Plant pods are made for every specific plant and are patented.

Plant pods contain all valuable and necessary compounds for each plant. All plants in the world depend on the same nutrients used everywhere in the potting mixes, also hydroponics and arable land. For example, nitrogen (available in form of ammonium nitrate and potassium nitrate) is part of every living cell, it is a primary component of proteins.

Hope you find this helpful.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I understand that the products are “safe for growing any plants”, but I am just trying to assess if there is no danger to my family, such as young children, from being around the growing pods (and possibly inhaling components present in them). This seems to me a valid concern, since the description of the growing pods mentions nano-materials (which would be very small and easily distributed in the air). As far as I know, any such product sold in stores or online must have some safety sheet, so is there one available for your product?

Thank you,

Remus

Hi Remus,

No danger or harm in these substrates that could be distributed in the air or anywhere else. The growth medium is made of natural, renewable materials, and contains no pesticides, fungicides, hormones or other harmful substances.
If referring to the sentence on the Click&Grow webpage ‘The Smart Soil keeps water distributed evenly inside the nanostructure, so the plant roots have access to water at all times.’, then nanostructure is an entirely different term.

Our resellers have the necessary documents to prove the safety of smart soil. Click & Grow is legally allowed to deal in present markets and is safe to use at home. :seedling: