Strawberries do not produce berries after flowering

My strawberries flower, I pollinate them with a brush, but they have never produced a single berry! When petals drop, the middle becomes brown and dry. First flowers appeared at 45-50 days; at 86 days I transplanted them, and this was a week ago. I regularly trim old leaves and stems.

What could be the problem?

Hi Olga,
One reason could be inconsistent watering (either too much or too little). Other very important aspect is fertilizing- your strawberry leaves look small and pale from the picture, so there might be some nutritional issue. I suggest to feed it with some slow released fertilizer that contains more potassium to help flowering and fruiting.
Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

Thank you, but I don’t think this is the reason.
The watering in the C&G is the most constistent possible (and I’ve just transplanted them, the problem started earlier).
Regarding the leaves, I believe I received different species of strawberries inside one package: one with darker and bigger leaves and the other with smaller and lighter ones. I’ll look into fertilizers, although I believe C&G pods contain them already as well as Lechuza Pon does…

Do you know how old these plants are? Where roots white and healthy when transplanting? Rootbound?
There also exists fungal diseases that could also cause dried fruits (Anthracnose). Just in case remove these dried fruits with stems.