Using own soil?

No I didn’t, the peat pot is soaking up the water and passing it through. The roots normally also are strong enough to get through the peat pot as well.

1 Like

If I want to use Jiffy peat pellets or soil and my own seeds, rather than buying the prepared ones from the manufacturer, will that cause a problem with the Click and Grow unit? Are there other options? I hope this question isn’t redundant.

1 Like

Thank you, Mirjam, for moving this question to the appropriate space! There are all sorts of great answers!

1 Like

I haven’t used them yet but I plan to start this year’s outdoor garden tomatoes in my smart garden. I bought these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CF2GCIE/ref= which claim to be nutrient infused. They’re a little small but I think will fill out when watered. Otherwise a little extra peat I think. What I’ll do and what is always a good idea is keep a close eye on the condition of the leaves. If you need to feed, be stingy at least until you get an idea of your plants’ needs.

This topic is old (very!) but it’s a good question and maybe some of the advice here will help someone else.

Be safe.

1 Like

Earlier during peak quarantine, this thread inspired me to buy some nursery mesh bags to skip the pods. I only just am getting to use them. Im starting some flowers indoors to transfer once established. Can’t figure out how the wick will pass the water to the soil if it isn’t directly touching it though. I was hoping after 24hrs it would leach up, but it hasn’t. Any tips or ideas on how to help that? I could cut a hole in the bottom, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the pods I think.

1 Like

I am using net pots with Seramis to grow the three different Thai Basils in my SG3.

2 Likes