Venus Fly Trap - Planting a C&G Pod in the Same Smart Garden?

Hi everyone, it’s my first post here. I’ve just got a Smart Garden 3 and transplanted my Venus Fly Trap to it. Did so because my VFT was on the brink of death and the C&G lighting was the perfect solution to reviving it.

Was hoping Noah could help me out here, I read his 2017 article on growing a VFT in a C&G Smart Garden but can’t find a link to reach him.

Anyway I’ve got a small question to ask, I want to plant a C&G plant pod in the same Smart Garden 3. As VFTs are highly sensitive to nutrients and requires its own nutrient-deficient media (it’s currently in peat moss with perlite), it has got to stay away from all forms of nutrients, including the nutrient-rich Smart Soil of the C&G plant pods.

My question is:
Will nutrients from a C&G pod seep down through the water-transmitting wick, contaminate the water, and make its way up into the VFT’s media and roots? If that happens, it will surely kill my VFT.

Thanks in advance if anyone with experience in keeping carnivorous plants in a C&G Smart Garden has any advice for me.

1 Like

I believe the stems draw up water one way and do not allow any nutrients from the pods to divulge into the water reservoir. Unless maybe if you would water the pods from the top. But even then there should not be a problem.

2 Likes

Hi Kurt, thanks for your reply. I think the water should go one way too. Will do an update on the progress of the plants in time to come. :camera_flash:

2 Likes

1 Like