Wild strawberry

Hi, I live in Panamá and I bought wild strawberry I put it on my smart garden on july 7 and I don’t see any spouts yet, I want to know if it is to early for me to see it or it has something to do with our temperature here in panama :sweat:

2 Likes

Wild strawberry can take up to 2 weeks to sprout. Do you see any seeds (they are small and round)?
If so, wait another week.

The seeds of wild strawberry are about 1mm big and look something like this:

2 Likes

I see the seeds but no spout yet :disappointed:

1 Like

Alright! A little patience then. Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

If it really does not sprout than contact the support for sure. They can help you with that!
Always add pics- they asked me for pics too.

2 Likes

I saw yesterday first spouts :slight_smile:️ Im anxious noe to see it grow :slight_smile:

Thank you

1 Like

Great to hear! Keep us posted.

1 Like

That is awesome! Just don’t leave too many of them growing. It is suggested to leave upto two plants to grow per pod.

2 Likes

I would leave one per pod.

3 Likes

What happens if I would leave all the plants to grow in case of Wild Strawberry?

1 Like

I think the plants would not have enough space and maybe even not enough nutrients if you leave all of them in the pod. Then they will not grow very well and may wilt or go brown because they need more room and food. And you may not got any fruit at all. So it is definitely best to thin them so you could enjoy some strawberries!

3 Likes

oh thanks, I did not think of the nutrient thing at all… damn.

Does this tip go for all the plants or just strawberry?

2 Likes

Hey @Ana What your temperature there?. Mine till no sprout after 3rd week.

1 Like

Are the strawberry plants supposed to be transplanted? I live in a very warm climate and am concerned the excessive heat will kill them if I put them outside. They have been growing but all flowers produced dried berries. Please help :frowning:

1 Like

Hi,

indeed, the highest recommended temp is 26 C. What is yours?

Have you tried pollinating the flowers?

Or did you try thinning the pods after germination if more than 2 sprouts appeared?

1 Like

Hello,
My indoor thermometer is reading 80 F, however in the booklet this seems to be an okay temperature for them, I live in a warm climate and I am concerned the excessive heat here will kill them if I were to replant into a pot. Furthermore I have been pollinating with a soft Q-tip and have been taking out the dead/overgrown stems, I am wondering if perhaps they are defective? As I have seen many posts on the forum of others having the same issues as me, would I be able to get replacement pods or a possible refund? I feel I have done everything at this point, thank you.