Worldwide new plant pod testing - Calendula

@Gene indeed, it seems you have twins. :smiley:
Plants look very healthy and there is already some yellow color visible in the buds, very exciting!

2 Likes

Buds are growing bigger

3 Likes

my first flower !!! So pretty yellow

5 Likes

It is beautiful! Do you know how many days it is after clicking it in?
Is tea made of Calendula flowers also common in Singapore?

2 Likes

After 45 days! A full bloom in one plant.

4 Likes

It was clicked on 4th Dec. So around day 50 it flowered ? No its uncommon to use fresh calendula for tea in Singapore. Usually we use the edible dried chrysanthemums flowers brought from store.

2 Likes

The buds are starting to open. I can see the yellow petals and the middle of the flower in two of the 3 pods. The third pod is just starting to develop a bud bug it’s visible from certain angles

3 Likes

Day 46

5 Likes

@Connie_Stephanie_Che
Our Calendula also started flowering around 50 days after planting.
It seems that chrysanthemum flowers and calendula flowers have very similar healing properties.

Click and Grow also offers Shungiku aka edible chrysanthemum, but as an edible green. But of course, if it is kept in a garden for longer it will flower.

3 Likes

Day 47

4 Likes

nearly ready. I increased the temperature of the house to 23

5 Likes

Day 50. One fully opened.

Twin flower.

5 Likes

only I plant has been flowering and it grew over the lights. The flowers lasted for a long time.

3 Likes

That is so nice @Connie_Stephanie_Che
You have made it to the point when it needs deadheading. Cut off the flower with a piece of stem, above the previous leaf. It will use its energy to make new flowers rather than growing seeds.

2 Likes

Looking good so far. I placed my plants by the window and it’s actually currently snowing and below freezing so I think the calendula don’t dislike the cold too much.

2 Likes

HI @Max, nice bright yellow flowers!

Snowing would only make sense if there is a cold breeze or really cold on the window sill.

Would you remove the lower leaves that are losing color? Also, try out calendula flowers to brew some tea, if you’re a tea lover. If not, just enjoy the visual brightness of the petals :blush:

2 Likes

such an amazing plant

3 Likes

I can never pick which picture I want to upload so I just upload them all. So stunning I’m super excited how these are turning out. I looks like the plant that didn’t bloom will bloom soon. Can’t wait :blush::blossom::seedling:

2 Likes

@Max , thanks for the pics! Would you just use this plant as an ornamental or also make a soothing tea out of the petals?

2 Likes

Day 55 blooms

2 Likes