Worlwide new plant pod testing- Lovage

Hi, Click & Growers!

About a while ago we recruited some of you to be our “at home” testers, agreeing to be the guinea pigs for new and up-and-coming plant pods! Our testers grow plant pods around the world in different climates and locations, helping us find the plants that can withstand any environmental conditions and be brought to all of you promising the highest yield and growth.

With their help, we have tested and launched Rosemary, Dill, Black Pansy, Red Sweet Pepper, Piri Piri chili pepper, Plain Parsley, Mibuna and Apple mint…

Our testers are now starting to test Lovage ! A herb that is common in European cuisine. Lovage is similar to celery and parlsey, but has more intensive flavor. Used either fresh, dried or frozen. This herb is mostly used in different broths and soups. But also in egg dishes, in fermented foods, or as simple garnish or even in drinks.

In its heart Lovage wants to be giant up to 3m tall, so, for harvesting, the tallest leaves should be cut off weekly in full lenght with the whole stem, as soon as it starts reaching the lamp (use just one lamp arm). More leaves will grow soon! If done so it should last 3 months easily.

Our testers from different regions with different growing conditions post weekly updates with photos in our Gardeners forum under this post, so all of you can see and share any helpful tips and see what new plant we are testing!

Thank you and happy exploring!

5 Likes

Received lovage today so excited :laughing:

4 Likes

that post-it note was cute :slight_smile: I also received that

Here are the pods after 4 days. Waiting patiently for the seeds to germinate

2 Likes

hi my lovage germinated today. I click the capsules on 25 Apr

2 Likes

Hello fellow Click & Growers! Just got the new test plant today via FedEx. Need to prepare the CG3 and will post day 0.

2 Likes

Clicked: May 06, 2020; Day 00

3 Likes

can I be a tester for Lovage or is it too late?

2 Likes

Hey just seen the link so I’m little behind. Lovage has done well it sprouted in 8 days. I have already removed the dome.

4 Likes

Thank you for showing your interest @Thebrowngardener, we are not currently adding new testers. But we will keep you in mind if a spot opens. Where are you growing?

1 Like

Hi sorry I didn’t post last week but there was no growth yet so it wouldn’t be so exciting to post about nothing but as the week went along more and more sprouts came up

I took off the domes for photography purposes

2 Likes

Ok thanks keep me posted

1 Like

They have germinated and are gradually growing. Domes out now, day 14.

1 Like

Day 07. No germination yet.

3 Likes

Day 10 (domes removed for photo purposes)

2 Likes

not very happy with the growth. Seems very slow. The weather in Singapore is very hot and humid 30°C

3 Likes

The growth so far is amazing :star_struck:

2 Likes

Day 16

2 Likes

Omg mine is growing so fast

2 Likes

After 3 weeks. There are some new leaves. It is a bit humid and warm here (50 - 60% and 25 - 30 C)

1 Like