Worldwide plant pod testing- Mibuna

Hi, Click & Growers!

About a while ago we recruited 5 of you to be our at home testers, agreeing to be the guinea pigs for new and up-and-coming plant pods we are considering launching! Our testers grow potential new plant pods around the world in different climates and locations with different light and temperature levels, helping us find the plants that can withstand any environmental conditions and be brought to all of you promising the highest yield and growth. With their help, we have tested and launched Rosemary, Dill, Black Pansy and Red Sweet Pepper. Also, Piri Piri Chili and Plain Parsley will be available soon!

Our five testers are now starting to test Mibuna - a Japanese leafy vegetable that has a refreshing sweet mustard flavor. Like most oriental greens, Mibuna can be eaten raw in salads or used in stir fries or soups. It is a fast growing salad green that can be harvested already in 3 weeks after planting as ‘cut and come again’, because single leaves can be harvested over a longer period of time.

Our testers post weekly updates with photos in our Gardeners forum so all of you can see and share any helpful tips and see what new plant we are testing! So, if you’re interested in staying up to date, check back!

4 Likes

Looking forward to see the progress.

2 Likes

Here is a picture of Day1 and i am ready to test the new seed Mibuna.

2 Likes

I’ve planted the mibuna on 14 May 2019. Today, I see the seeds have started germinating, there is a baby root. So exciting!

[Day 2 - 16 May 2019]

IMG_1752

IMG_1753

2 Likes

Hi everyone. Good to see all tester here again. Yes I I recieve my test capsules on 8th May and i clicked into my SG9 immediately.

. Today is day 8th.

2 Likes

Wow! Its a pretty fast growing plant! Looks like mibuna really enjoying C&G!

2 Likes

Hi!
I’ve planted the new Mibuna seeds on the 10th May and its progress is impressing.
It’s already germinating and I can see beginning of the plants.
Lookig forward to the next weeks

2 Likes

Yesterday was Day 9, and I am really surprised about the growing time and amount of the Mibuna i have.
Its a new plant for me and i am really surprised and hoping to try in my salads.

2 Likes

Day 7 (21 May 2019) - the mibuna are coming along very well

IMG_1801

2 Likes

Day 14

2 Likes

Wow! Whats the temperature where u live?

Singapore room temperature 28°C

2 Likes

Day 13 (27 May 2019) - Mibuna are growing really quickly. I’ve already added an arm extension since the leaves are touching the lamp.

IMG_1836

2 Likes

Its Day 15 and this week i had to add the light extension. They are growing really fast.
The temperature here is around 25ºC. I dont know this plant exactly so it is already ready to eat ? The leaves look big and ready to but i dont have sure.

3 Likes

nice plants indeed. You may start harvesting largest leaves already. Just make sure you don’t cut off the whole plant or the growing point in the center.

1 Like

Day 19. Will harvest the bigger outer leaves to eat with my salad.

2 Likes

I just returned from vacations, and its now day 24 and today i will add another extension to the light.
They are growing very fast and comparing to the internet it seems that the leaves should be straight, this is, not with wrinkles as they are. Should it be the lack of soil to grow?

2 Likes

That looks good! I would harvest it gradually it and not to raise the lamp. :wink:

1 Like

Its Day 29, and they look pretty much the same.
I added the extension last week but I will remove it, if you think its best.

1 Like

Hi all!
It’s almost day 30 thou my plants haven’t grown as much as the others…
They developed muck quicker than other test plants we used before (which I quite liked).
I’ve noticed they need quite a lot of water, I hope that with care and light they will grow stronger day by day

2 Likes