Worldwide new plant pod testing - White snapdragon

Hi, Click & Growers!

About a while ago we recruited seven of you to be our “at home” testers, agreeing to be the guinea pigs for new and up-and-coming plant pods! Our testers grow plant pods around the world in different climates and locations, helping us find the plants that can withstand any environmental conditions and be brought to all of you promising the highest yield and growth. With their help, we have tested and launched Rosemary, Dill, Black Pansy, Red Sweet Pepper, Piri Piri chili pepper, Plain Parsley and Mibuna.

Our testers are now starting to test White snapdragon, named so, because the flowers resemble the face of a dragon, kids may play with the flowers, if gently squeezed the dragon will open its mouth. Snapdragon sprouts in a week or two, first flowers should appear in about 50 days after planting. Snapdragons are extremely ornamental, but the flowers are also edible! Petals can be used to garnish salads, cold drinks, and desserts for example. Pods should last about 3 months.

Our testers from different regions with different growing conditions post weekly updates with photos in our Gardeners forum so all of you can see and share any helpful tips and see what new plant we are testing!

4 Likes

Omg so cool can’t wait for them to sprout just planted yesterday

1 Like

Hello Click and Growers!

Thanks for another opportunity to test a new plant - this time an ornamental one - of which I have never done before as I only plant edibles. I received the package 2 days ago and I have not planted them yet as I still have to transfer the plants from my SG3 test garden. I will try to plant them this weekend while I am on my Christmas vacation!

3 Likes

Received mine yesterday, waiting for my click and grow so nearly ready to start.
What are the rules regarding sharing? Do we share pics only in here? Can we share anything on the Facebook group? Let me know

2 Likes

Yes I am too waiting for my garden to come because I removed my cockscomb and planted it in a bowl and don’t want it to die

2 Likes

Thank you @Gene, it’s great to have you on board!

2 Likes

Hi @Salvo_Baglieri,

The basic rule is to share weekly updates here in the Gardeners Forum. But, you are also very welcome to share your findings in social media and your friends, we don’t mind that :slight_smile: .

Also, your Smart Garden 3 is on the way!

2 Likes

Hi @Max,

We love the enthusiasm! Your new Smart Garden 3 is on the way, hopefully your cockscomb will manage until it arrives.

1 Like

I recieved my capsules. Will post the progress soon.

3 Likes

All done and ready to rock.

2 Likes

Capsules planted on 16th Dec. Today is the day 5 and I see 2 pots germinated ! I am so excited ! Singapore is currently having cooler temperature around 27°C

3 Likes

12.21.19 Day Zero
White Snapdragon

4 Likes

Happy holidays
Tonight is the 4th night of Chanukah :menorah:

2 Likes

Day 10. 2 capules sprouted and 1 still sleeping.

3 Likes

Day 6 on the pods still nothing. In the mean time have a fab Xmas everyone.

2 Likes

Day 06 (dome covers removed for photography purposes)

2 Likes

the third one has germinated. Do I need to thinned the seedlings to only one @Mirjam ?

3 Likes

Hi @Connie_Stephanie_Che, no need to thin. Upto 3 seedlings per pod is ok.

1 Like

Ok thanks for the info

2 Likes