Worldwide new plant pod testing - Carnation

Hi, Click & Growers!

A while ago we recruited some of you to be our “at home” testers, agreeing to test new promising plant pods! Our testers grow plant pods around the world in different climates and locations, helping us find the plants that can withstand any environmental conditions and be brought to all of you.

This time we are testing the majestic flower Carnation!
It is a new promising easy to grow ornamental plant that easily tolerates hot temperatures and high humidity levels. It comes in a mix of colors from pure white to pink, red, and violet. It sprouts within a week, first flowers appear about 50 days after planting. It stays naturally dwarf in size and provides numerous flowers regardless of the small size. Deadheading withering flowers is the only care procedure! We hope to see it last for three months altogether. The colorful petals of carnation are edible (for humans, and petals only!). It is safe to use the petals to decorate cold drinks, desserts, etc.

Thank you and happy exploring!

7 Likes

That sounds like an exciting thing to do, how does one become a tester? I’d love to be involved.

2 Likes

I just received this from courier today. Very excited to test this !

4 Likes

Hi, thanks for showing interest @PolliceVerde.
At the moment we have enough testers, but if a spot opens we would be more than happy to have you on board. Please drop me a PM and let me know where (city, country) are you growing.

1 Like

Hi I’m interested to be a tester :slight_smile: I’m from Singapore. Thank you

1 Like

Click on 01 May. Germinated on Day 4. Weather here in Singapore indoor 30°C very warm here

3 Likes

Clicked: May 08, 2021

3 Likes

Day 9. All the pods germinated ! @Mirjam do I need to thin them ?

3 Likes

Hi @Connie_Stephanie_Che

It seems that Carnation approves Singapore climate :green_heart:

No need to thin, just leave them to thrive!

2 Likes

Just planted them yesterday

3 Likes

Day 03

4 Likes

Alright. Can wait to see flowers

3 Likes

Carnation pods after 4 days:

Carnation pods after 11 days:

3 Likes

When will Carnation be available? I’m hoping to start some florals.

HM

2 Likes

Day 21.

2 Likes

Day 14

3 Likes

Looking good :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi there,
Day 15.
Carnation is sprouting so quickly!

All the 3 pots already have some small leaves and look happy and healthy to grow.
Looking forward to see which colour will the flowers be.

Ludo

4 Likes

Hi @HappyME Carnation is still in a testing phase, but there are plenty of ornamentals available in the Click and Grow store today :slight_smile:

2 Likes