Worldwide new plant pod testing - Red Sweet Pepper

Harvest my first few red peppers to eat !

3 Likes

It’s called “Kratky Method” of hydroponics.

1 Like

Its Day 91, and the peppers are pretty much the same, growing slowly… but in the first capsule, as you can see in the picture, the flowers are turning yellow. Not the same way as when you see the pepper to grow and the flowers just fall off, they are simply turning yellow and falling without peppers. I check the water, soil and everything seams fine. Seen the other it seams that it can be time to transplant, maybe its lack of space to grow.
The peppers itself are growing on top of the plant and are round, its a bit strange and not developing like the others.

1 Like

Day 99 (28 March 2019) - Been away for about a week and came back to 3 red peppers! The leaves are still turning yellow and the plants aren’t producing any new leaves (or very slowly).

IMG_1396

3 Likes

Will there be a new plant pod test and is it possible to view the old plant pod tests from before the plain parsley test???

Day 91

5 fruits so far - 1 from the plant nearest the light, 1 from the middle and 3 from the other. The middle fruit has discoloration (rust color). The leaves are drying up as well.

2 Likes

Hi all,
not only I was quite late in planting the seeds, but it looked like the weather and the odds weren’t in my favour…
Today I bring great news: one week ago, around day 60th the peppers have started to show up! The flowers are dying and leaving the space to them, at the moment there are about 1 pepper (3 small ones on the plant closer to the light) per plant and are green.
When shall I expect them to change colour into red?
Although they have taken quite some time to grow, and for the peppers to show, I’m really like this test pods.

Have a lovely weekend,
Ludo

1 Like

Day 97. The middle plant died.

4 Likes

Day 96. The two extra plants.

3 Likes

2 of my pepper died after fruiting and I only manage to save one. Repot and give sun and I see new leaves coming out

2 Likes

Hi, what do you think, what happened to it. It seems that the leaves were fully green while died?

1 Like

I have no idea. However, a week before, I noticed that the fruit had discoloration and the leaves have started to dry up (please see the previous week’s photos above). I checked the soil and it looked dry so I directly put some water on it but it continued to dry up and died.

2 Likes

Day 105

1 Like

Day 105 (2 extra plants)

4 Likes

After the harvest, I left the plants in the unit and went away for the whole of April. To my surprise, when I return I found each of the plants sprouting baby peppers. I’ve just received new capsules from the CnG team and will replant these over the weekend (hopefully they’ll continue to live).

2 Likes

The chilly peppers turned out to be quite lovely!
It took more time than the other tested seeds as it takes a while for the plant to grow from the seeds, flower and then have the “fruits” or peppers.
At the end there were 2-4 red peppers for each plant, I planted them in a vase hoping they will further grow.

2 Likes

How did they turn out?

1 Like