Yellow leaves tomato plant

Hi,
I have 3 tomato plants of about 80 days old. All of them have small tomatoes on them :-). Unfortunately, one of them has all yellow leaves that are falling off. I have read that some of these are to be expected, however all of the leaves seems to be problematic (see picture below).

All plants have the same light/temperature and humidity, so I am wondering what I can/should do, thanks!

Matthias

1 Like

The leaves of my plant are also a little yellow, but not as much as yours though. I’m guessing it’s normal due to the plant spending energy elsewhere growing the tomatoes. Not sure though…

Ya I think your right it takes a lot of work for ur little plants to make little baby tomatoes

You need to add a little liquid nutrient to the water in the unit. Tomatoes use up a lot of the nitrogen and magnesium in the pods so a little help is needed after a couple months sometimes. Clip those leaves off since they are still using up the plant’s energy. The stem isn’t brown so don’t think its fusarium root rot.

Thank you! I will try to add some liquid nutrient in the water for my new batch of tomatoes :-)!

Just to let you all know. We have a technique in our lab which greatly improves tomato growth. It is related to soil aeration and avoiding rootbound. Let’s hope we can have the new thing out before Christmas 2019. Sorry for the secrecy :wink:

3 Likes

That would be cool.