Favorite plants to grow?

I was wondering what is everyone’s favorite thing to grow in Click and Grow gardens. I am looking for ideas. What grew well for you? What gave a nice harvest? What looked most decorative?

3 Likes

Bok choy is my favorite. It always sprouts, gives a good harvest and is extremely versatile to use.

1 Like

Thanks, I never tried it. So far I grew mainly tomatoes which were fun to grow, but the taste of the ripe fruit was underwhelming to say the least. I feel that Click and Grow is better suited for veggies that grow faster, since the power of the lamp is too low for tomatoes and peppers to properly get ripe.

1 Like

Fast growing greens are the best definitely. Fruit and such are fun experiments only.

1 Like

I agree that the leafy greens are the most practical. But the feather flowers are beautiful. I repotted one and it is magnificent

2 Likes

Basil!
Grows like a weed, as they say. I am pretty new at this and think I’ll end up growing herbs. I adore cilantro and we use a fair amount of parsley so it would be nice to have those on hand all the time.

3 Likes

I agree that herbs grow very well, but then again I can easily grow herbs in any pot near a sunny window.

Since flowers were mentioned, I am curious which flowers grew well for y’all. Right now I am trying gazania and moss rose.

While it is true that most fruit producing plants do not do well as the fruit won’t ripen properly, one exception is wild strawberry plants. The taste of the fruit is amazing, and they produce well. It is also easy to grow 9 plants together, as they don’t take much space and you can be very liberal with trimming leaves.

3 Likes

My favorite herb is Cinnamon Basil.

And most decorative favorite is probably either Black Pansy or Painted Nettle.

Black Pansy in full flower in my green corner at home.

2 Likes