One hole will not grow

I have one spot in my unit in which nothing will grow. I have tried different types of lettuce and still nothing sprouts, only in that space. What could be causing this?

Heyo!
Make sure to check if the issue with the cup, or wick. Is there water coming through and the soil is moist?
Try to put another plastic cup in that spot, for example, to test the cup.
Changing or cleaning the wick can also help.

You can also check this topic:

I planted green lettuce that is refusing to grow. The 1st lettuce did fine. I planted it on 1/8/23 and its now 1/30/23. All of the other plants are looking good. Should i throw it out and start again or wait longer?
Thanks.

Hey @StevenToast007

Thanks for reaching out. Is there anything growing there or the pod is empty?
Maybe you could share some pictures of your setup? :slight_smile: If the plant has not even sprouted it’s best to contact our Support and can discard the pod and plant a new one. Otherwise, it could be just slower than others due to being in shade or some other problem that’s hard to define the cause without reference.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. Here are photos.

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks, these are really helpful!

Oh, it looks like you are growing a really peculiar seedling. Please contact our support who then can help you get replacement pods. Meanwhile, you can start again with a new pod. I have little hope for it to get better if it has been already like this for a month. I mean, idealistically I believe it could grow bigger but it will take a large amount of time.

I reckon the other plants (chard, green lettuce and romaine lettuce) have been growing longer than a month and would benefit from a full harvest. Their taste and appearance will only degrade in the upcoming weeks. These dry spots and speckles on green lettuce could indicate that it’s past its prime combined with a response to heat stress. Lettuces are sensitive to high temperatures and struggle with temperatures higher than 24 °C / 75 ° F. So be mindful when growing these plants if indoor temperatures are occasionally warmer. Some of the heat is produced by the lamps too which could be considered.

Happy growing! :seedling: