Worldwide new plant pod testing - Gazania flower

@noipv4 I would leave it as it is. In our tests upto 3 seedlings per pod was ok :blush:

2 Likes

Hello everyone. Finally I received my test kit today. There is some delay with my shipment. Today will be day 0 for me. Fingers crossed and waiting for germination

3 Likes

Day 20

3 Likes

Only one sprouted, still looks good.

3 Likes

Day 3. It sprouted!

3 Likes

Day 12- All 3 Sprouted - Long Island, NY - about 72 degrees in my home. So far so good :blush:

3 Likes

@Salvo_Baglieri, so there were no seeds inside the soil or for how long did you wait for it to sprout?

2 Likes

Day 30
Looks like a flower bud has developed. The plants don’t look healthy. Some leaves dried up.

3 Likes

After 30 days. The plants are growing here. The weather’s cooled down considerably this weekend and we have 24C indoors, instead of 30-34C.

2 Likes

Looks a lot like cornflower so far :thinking:

Hi @Gene,

I hate to say it but it seems you have pests on your gazania plants? Could it be that there is an early thrip damage on mature leaves? Little shining spots.

2 Likes

I don’t see any insects on the leaves. Powdery mildew or overwatering maybe?

According to this article:

https://garden.lovetoknow.com/gazania

Pests and Disease
Gazania is highly resistant to pests and disease. Powdery mildew, bacterial leaf spot, and crown rot can all occur, though they are generally a sign that the location is too damp to grow gazania effectively.

3 Likes

Thrips first life cycle starts inside the leaves and the pests are not visible for the naked eye, this leaves lower shiny areas with tiny black spots on the leaves. Just keep monitoring the plants and if you already see some tiny pale brown elongated bodies on your plants- act fast to get rid of it.

2 Likes

day 12… growing well. True leaves start appearing.

3 Likes

Day 21, growing nicely

3 Likes

Hi all,
Heat was pretty strong in the past month but it looks like luckily it hasn’t affected the seeds much.
Here they are at day 28th, I am looking forward to seeing the seeds bloom :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awww man, i wish to be a tester too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful true leaves @ludoP

2 Likes

not much going on in mine.

3 Likes