Worldwide new plant pod testing - Gazania flower

@Salvo_Baglieri,
the plant looks really good though and will produce flower stalks very soon :wink:

3 Likes

Day 39. They look sick. I removed the white lids to help evaporate the extra water. The underside of the leaves is white. Is this normal?

3 Likes

Day 20. Growth is a little slow, otherwise still good.

3 Likes

Hi @Gene,
it is perfectly normal if the underside of the leaf is pale.

But, if I look at the damage on the leaves (pale spots, silverish shine), it looks exactly like thrip damage to me. How are other plants in the same room?
Thrips start their life cycle inside the leaves and this is the damage that becomes visible before the actual pet is visible.

2 Likes

Here are the Gazanias after 45 days, and we have a Bud!
Here are 2 points to note:
1.Spider mite infected one plant, and I thoroughly washed it under running water. Then mild soap and then rinse.
2. Aphids attacked, but the wild ladybugs ate the aphids :wink:

2 Likes

The treasure flower is here today :slight_smile:

4 Likes

that’s great! How many days after planting?

2 Likes

Wow… flowers congrats

3 Likes

Day 35. Plant getting bigger but no sign of flower stalk yet

3 Likes

The first flower appeared after 46 days. They look great. And they seem to be asleep at night. Beautiful colours.

1 Like

Day 58: Red flower made an appearance.

A tiny yellow one also popped up.

4 Likes

Hope yours bloom soon. Very pretty flowers. My wife is busy taking pictures.

1 Like

Day 47, Long Island NY

3 Likes

Day 62

2 Likes

3 Likes

Day 64 blooms

5 Likes

Lovely flowers!

2 Likes

It looks amazing! When we tested this color mix in our lab we didn’t get that many color variations out of it, you are so blessed.

2 Likes

Day 58
First flowers are here! I’m quite curious to see when they will bloom. So far 2 out of 3 plants have at least one flower blossom :slight_smile: Looking forward to see them grow beautifully

3 Likes