Worlwide new plant pod testing- Red Lettuce

Hi,

What would be the optimum temperature for growing the red lettuce?

I have planted mine today.
One pod in a SG3, 2 pods in SG9. Looking forward to growing my own food in these uncertain times :slight_smile:

We are situated in Tessin, Southern Switzerland.

3 Likes

16 to 20°C should be optimal.

3 Likes

I agree @Gene, our tests has shown that upto 24C is also ok for this red lettuce.

2 Likes

the third capsules has finally germinated! Growing a little slower than the rest of my counterparts with cooler temperature.

3 Likes

Day 15

5 Likes

Snapdragon still growing :heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Your red lettuce is really nice and dark colour :heart_eyes:. Whats your room temperature?

2 Likes

18 to 20 degrees C

2 Likes

Day 19. Lettuce getting bigger but I don’t see any red leaves. Most likely the weather here in Singapore is very hot and humid. Room temperature here is 28°C.

3 Likes

IMG_3363 IMG_3365
Day 20

3 Likes

indeed, this cultivar is not full red, but it is great to see that it’s growing in your hot and humid conditions in Singapore.

2 Likes

Here are the lettuce pods after 10 days of planting. The plants have germinated and have grown big enough for removal of the domes.

2 Likes

8th April. Singapore is on second day of lockdown. Its depressing here but the growth of this red lettuce brightens up my day. Everyone please stay home and be strong.

3 Likes

Day 25

2 Likes

Extra red leaf lettuce seeds propagated in hydroponic solution (Kratky Method). The seeds were sticking on the C&G Experimental soil package sticky cover sheet. I decided to experiment with them separately.

2 Likes

will harvest the outer leaves and eat them with my sandwiches

3 Likes

I would be down for being a tester!

1 Like

Day 28: Harvested to reduce overcrowding; Yielded 38 grams
Observation: Maximum of 3 plants per pod is advisable. Overcrowding results to leggy plants. Ideal is one plant per pod to get ideal leaf size.

2 Likes