Worldwide new plant pod testing - Apple mint

Day 15: The plants are growing well. We had a mix of cold and wet weather for a few days this week. Some plants have started growing faster than the rest.

2 Likes

Day 18 . More true leaves were form. Very slow growth but all look healthy

3 Likes

It looks good though for two weeks of age. For sure the seedlings have some competition going on, just let them battle for light :crossed_swords:. They will figure it out.

3 Likes

Looking good! :green_heart: Yes, mint plants need more time to thrive if grown from seeds. But soon there will be lots of stems to harvest.

2 Likes

Hey @Mirjam how can I enroll in plant pod testing

1 Like

Its Day 20, and I have taken off the domes on 2 of the capsules, but the middle one seams to be a bit behind comparing to the others, but we will see how it develops.
( I will go on vacation so i wont be posting next weekend, i will post as soon as i arrive ).

2 Likes

Day 23: The plants have taken off. Soon, I might be able to harvest some leaves.The 2 pods in SG3 near the heated window sill are growing faster than the pod on the SG9 which is inside the room.

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for showing interest! Please remind me, what is your region? If possible, we will enroll you as soon as the next plant is listed for testing.

1 Like

Hey @Mirjam I live in New York City in Manhattan

1 Like

Day 16 (1 Nov 2019) - the apple mints have sprouted and grown qutie a bit.

apple%20mint%201%20Nov%20(2)

3 Likes

Apple mint on day 28. Leaves are bigger and love to touch the woolly leave texture.

3 Likes

Day 28:
Lamp height 1 reached on SG3, added lamp arm #2. Tasted the leafs, they have a nice fruity mint taste.

3 Likes

Hi all!
Here is day 18th and the pods have welcomed me with a sweet surprise upon my return from recent travels!
It looks like the pods are blossoming, all 3 of them have a similar height (often there are differences beteeen who is closer to the light) and look quite healthy (there was some moss at the beginning but it disappeared).
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am so in love with this apple mint. I really hope CNG will introduce this new plant soon. I am sure our Singapore members will love it !

3 Likes

Its Day 34 and they have grown like crazy … The first capsule its a bit slower but the others are strong and tall.

3 Likes

That really looks good @Sara_B_Ca. It seems you can already harvest it, it will regrow multiple times.

2 Likes

Good to know! Mine’s all over the place now. Should I harvest the tips or cut more towards the bottom?

These are at approx 1 month and 7 days.

2 Likes

Hi @noipv4

:smiley: what happened to one plant pod?

Anyways, for harvesting I would cut it back quite heavily. Cut the whole stem and leave one or two pairs leaves to grow, more will grow soon. Cutting the stem off promotes the growth of more stems=more yield. If you just remove the tip or leaves, there will be much less new growth.

2 Likes

That one pod is in the pic at the top :slight_smile: It is planted in a SG 9. :wink: The middle pod of the SG3 has a Murraya Koenigii seed that I am trying to germinate.

The plants in the SG3 have grown way faster than the pod in the SG9. Probably because the SG3 is near a window with sun and is heated.

2 Likes